ClipSlip®: Reduce Wastage, Increase Profit
The ClipSlip® can reduce wastage to 1-3%, compared with traditionally grown fruit, where wastage is between 5% and 30%. As the ClipSlip® can be reused up to ten times, it provides an excellent return on investment.
Designed to separate and protect growing fruit from damage, the ClipSlip® is a unique plastic clip attached to a slipsheet, fitted onto growing fruit at the bagging stage.
Totally flexible, the ClipSlip® is able to accommodate many varieties of bananas and a broad range of other fruits.
Kilograms of Wastage by Category
In an independent field trial, bananas grown with ClipSlips® had:
- 25 times less tip scarring (old and fresh)
- 34% less bag rub
- 30% less fresh handling damage
- 23% less fresh knife cuts
- 53% less animal damage
- 11 times less field sap staining
In total, the fruit grown with ClipSlips® applied had 44% less wastage than traditionally grown bananas.
The ClipSlip® offers farmers many commercial and productivity benefits, including:
- Increased yield and profit
- Faster plantation turnover
- Reduced production costs
- Reduction in total labour usage costs
- Six years' return on investment on each ClipSlip®
- Reduced soil and water toxicity and degradation
- Less land and water needed to grow crops
- Fewer pesticides and chemicals
Contact Global Fruit Protection
|Address||PO BOX 497|
Smithfield, QLD 4878
|Phone||0419 655 136|
Global Fruit Protection is looking for plastics manufactures and suppliers specialising in the banana industry to manufacture the ClipSlip® under license to Global Fruit Protection.